Sunday, April 17, 2016

Immersion weekend April 2016

Rachel had previously planned to attend immersion weekend in Chicago April 15-17.  The school was well prepared and her hotel room, transportation, and food was included in the price.  Rachel landed in Chicago and was transported via stretch limo to the Q center.  This was a lot of fun driving in style.  The rest of the day was spent meeting other classmates and talking about our experiences and future plans.  Immersion weekend is used by the school to bring together the physical assessment students to practice their skills and be tested on them.  There are four assessments students can get when tested on Sunday.  1.  Headache (neuro exam also called the biggie because it has everything) 2. Cough/sinus congestion 3. Abdominal pain 4. Skin assessment.  Saturday was spent moving around to stations to practice each assessment and to feel comfortable with the skills.  My partners name was Peter who practiced the entire day.  He lived only 12 minutes away and wife was going to have their first baby in August.  In the afternoon after school was over I had some free time and walked down to the river right behind the Q center.  Chicago is central time so it is one hour behind so both mornings I was up at 4:30 AM central time.  Saturday morning I spent walking around the small pond and Sunday morning I spent studying.  Sunday morning I was called into my test room with my random partner named Laura from Minnesota.  I was tested on headache and did well passing the test.  Now I can relax.  I was transported back to the airport and flew out to Oklahoma City at 5 pm.

Riding in style

This is my little dorm room with a single bed.  The center used to be a college so all the rooms are dorms.

portabella mushroom sandwich

The Q center around 4:30 am central time thats 5:30 am at home





This is my class over 300 students

Peter my practice partner

Ready to take my exam in my new school lab coat

This is the river behind the center.  There is a walkway along it.



breakfast was make your own omelette 

Study buddies Roselyne from Alabama, Emily from Utah, & Heather from Arizona

Laura my testing partner

I passed!

No comments:

Post a Comment