Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Buying the car

I slept horrible last night.  I stayed in Micheal's dorm and while that was great, my air mattress I bought 6 months ago and pump gave up the ghost.  While I was inflating the mattress, the pump I was using quit.  Not a battery dead kind of quit but a broken connection kind of quit.  I inflated it the rest of the way by mouth and over the course of the night, I had to inflate it another 7 times.

After we got moving, my first stop was at Target to get a new mattress and pump.  After looking at reviews, it looked like every mattress has durability issues so I settled on another Coleman because it was cheap and bought a really nice pump with a removable rechargeable battery you could put in a scooter.

After that we went to Panera to talk about cars and then went to the dealership.  I let Michael do most everything and only interjected if I felt I needed to redirect, he asked for help or I just could not help myself.  He did a good job and while it took hours, he got a good deal and made some sound financial decisions.

We went to dinner to celebrate after dropping my car back on base.  We were both starved by that point and just ate at this nearby seafood place where we ate crabs and crayfish and fried oysters.  They were OK but as good as fresh.  After that we eventually made it downtown to see a movie, Gravity.  It was an intense movie though I did not find the helpless girl who finds her inner strength role Sandra Bullock played especially compelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment