Friday, October 18, 2013

Trip to visit Michael

Michael asked me to come down and help him buy a car so I took some time off to make the trip.  The first day was pretty uneventful except for the fact that when I got to Nashville, I felt I could not pass it without stopping for a beer and to listen to some live music.  The first thing I noted was the coutry music hall of fame which was architecturally, very interesting.  It looked like the whole building had a wave pool for its surface.

It was 4 PM on a Tuesday so I was not expecting much but when I got onto Broadway I was surprised.  If you cannot throw a stone without hitting a musician on a Tuesday afternoon, how much more fun would it be on a Saturday night.  I walked up and then back down the street and finally picked a bar and ordered a drink.  All the musicians were talented and it was fun to see them casually switch instruments between songs.  Like I said, talented.  Anyway, I enjoyed them for about 30 minutes and then the leader handed his guitar to another member and then walked out into the bar to order a drink and glad hand and chat up the 20 or so folks who were listening.

I left after about an hour of goofing off, dropped a tip in their bucket and started looking for a camp site.  My first choice was a KOA but when I got there I discovered I would have to camp less than 100 yards from route 40 and moved onto another one that was about 10 miles off the road and camped at a marina.  it was quiet and nice enough though a little pricey for a campground.

No comments:

Post a Comment