Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Trip home

I got a shower and then woke Michael up so we could catch some breakfast at a diner we found on Yelp.  They were good of course but gave us huge portions as we both needed boxes so we could eat the rest for lunch.

I dropped him off and hit the road when something happened that I could never have guessed.  I was in Arkansas when I saw the cop leave the shoulder and speed up so I got into the right lane behind a truck.  the truck was going slow but I wanted to hang out there until the cop passed to wherever he was going.  He pulled up next to me, looked in and then fell back to my blind spot and I know I was getting pulled over even though I was not doing anything wrong so I just hung out behind the truck until he flipped his lights on.  When he got up to my passenger window he asked me how things were going and a few basic mental state evaluations questions which made me nervous but I must have answered them OK because after looking at my proof of insurance, license and registration, he said that I hit the white line a few times and that they were looking for drunk drivers.  Drunk drivers, at 2 PM on a Saturday afternoon in a Prius with Virginia plates and a GPS in the windshield?  I don't know how much more "just passing through" I could have looked unless he was expecting a "headed to Imaginaryville, aka DC" bumper sticker.

Anyway, the rest of the trip went smooth except for about 10 miles of traffic on 40 which cost me about 30-45 minutes because when I saw the traffic I was 1/4 of a mile past an exit I could have used to get around it.  I finally pulled into the house at about 6:30 on Sunday and was glad to be off the road for a little while.


No comments:

Post a Comment