Thursday, March 13, 2014

Hitting the road

we woke up at 4 AM and unexpectedly, it took us an hour to actually get the road. I try to have everything ready last night but there is just a lot to do this morning before we left.  telling the trailer is so very different than anything I've done before. I did of course, have to tow the trailer home from the folks who bought it from, but with it loaded and with the truck loaded just feels so different. I am certain that the wind is making a huge difference as well. Even going downhill, I don't seem to get more than 24 miles per gallon on the instant read. The trick I have found is that if I talk in behind a experience trucker. he allows me to stay in overdrive and also improve my economy by breaking the wind. He also improves my stability. I've been behind a trucker for the past hour and what incredible difference it's making it's much less stressful. Rachel has been sleeping most of the trip so far so she has missed most of fun. Maybe it wouldn't be as much for Herson she did drive a bus for all those years.  we are traveling much slower than I am used to but I expected that. Just doing some mental math, I think it's going to take us an extra 5 to 10 hours on the road to make our destination. That's okay we are not in a rush. I know there are grammar and spelling errors in this century, I am using the blogger app and speaking my post. I hope to get in and correct this later. That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment