Sunday, March 23, 2014

Campground

When we got to our next camp site, we were surprised a little.  The ranger said that we were the only ones in the campground but somehow, it did not click until we got there that we were 50 feet from the Rio Grande and staring at Mexico.  I know my geography well enough to know how silly that sounds but I think the way some of the media reports illegals made it seem more real and perhaps a little more scary.  The views from our campground were amazing, I told Rachel that it reminds me of stuff you would see in the movies and she reminded me of the abandoned movie set we saw just down the road, Contabando.  That night we made fajitas!

Contabando movie set.






Everything is prickley out here.

Campground view, the Rio Grande River and ahead is Mexico.


This is our campsite

Dinner Fajitas! 



No comments:

Post a Comment