Friday, March 28, 2014

Louisiana


The following day we hit the road again to get to Louisiana.  We picked the same camp as we used last time.  The following day we took The Creole Trail driving tour.  Rachel took quite a few pics and it was pretty, though overcast and very windy. 
After we finished the trail we ate a Steamboat Bill’s again which was just as good as I remember.  I got the crayfish and Rachel got the Captain’s platter and Rachel could not stop playing with my food.

We spent the rest of the day relaxing, reading and just enjoying our time in LA.
The following day Rachel and I went to a LA visitor center to gather ideas of things to do and saw a fairly large Alligator viewing area and stopped for a bit.

After a few other stops Rachel wanted to stop at this gift shop and got lots of good information about what to do and where to eat.  She told Rachel about the restaurant that was cheaper than Steamboat Bill’s and in her opinion, a little better, so we had to try it.  (Seafood Palace I am pretty sure.)  It was certainly a local dive and was exactly what she said it would be.  I got 4 pounds of Crawfish (I had 4 pounds the day before) which was their minimum and Rachel got their crab and shrimp gumbo.  We also had some Boudin Balls (pronounced boo-dan) and fried gator.  We had good deal more food that was just as good for nearly the same total tab we paid at the other place.  I found my new stop when we go through Lake Charles next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment