Friday, March 14, 2014

On the road update

What a difference a day makes. I feel so much more comfortable with the trailer behind me now and without the wind, wow. I've learned that following behind the trucks works well if you need someone to break the wind for you but can be a royal pain just like it is in a car if the truck is not going roughly the same speed you want to go.

My mileage is just a hair lower than I expected, 17.4 miles per gallon . As I am discovering, towing is much more active driving than just setting the cruise control like you can in the car. My big thing is trying not to make the truck go out of overdrive to take a hill. Flipping in and out of overdrive supposed be bad for the transmission.

Last night Rachel and I went into Nashville and had a good time. I had shrimp and grits while she had a chicken burger that looked really good after that we found the bar and listened to music for an hour and took the shuttle got home so we could hit the sack at 9 o'clock.  I guess we are still on EDT.

No comments:

Post a Comment