Sunday, March 23, 2014

Horse Trail Big Bend Ranch State Park, TX

The next day after sleeping pretty well except for the fact that it was cold and I did not want to put the heater on because we were off the grid for a few days, we went up to a ranch to take a half day trail ride and lunch through the desert.  The views were amazing and the guides (Lajitas Stables) did a fantastic job and just as the site promised, lunch was not a PB&J, a bag of chips and bottle of water.  They laid out a spread of ham, chicken, homemade bean salad as well as some cheese and crackers, fruit and Oreos for dessert.  It will not be something I ever forget.


After we finished with the horses, some of our group did the other half of what they call the saddle paddle where a river company picks you up from the stable and drops you in the Rio Grande to paddle a canoe for a few hours.  I had heard that the river trip would have a hard time living up to anyone’s expectations and after camping next to the river, I have to agree.  I heard someone on the trail ride call it a canoe assisted hike which still makes me chuckle and wish I could have had a beer with that guy. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment