Thursday, April 23, 2015

Day three

Today we left St. Augistine at a resonable time and got to the Kennedy Space Center a little before 10.  When we got there I only expected to stay for a couple of hours but the center had much more than any of us expected and we wound up staying until almost 5.  The space launch simulator was my favorite but they did a really nice job with all their displays.  I can't think of another attraction where they have spent so much effort on managing your visual experience and trying to make you feel like you are involved.  I won't spoil the surprise if you have not been there but suffice to say, this was not amature hour.

It was pouring down rain as we left for Coco Beach.  We had the idea that we could spend the evening walking along the beach or something but it just did not work out.  On the up side, we had an awesome dinner.  I had a panko pecan crusted steel head trout while rachel had fettuchini alfredo with srimp.  We split the meals in hald and enjoyed them both.

This made for a very short post but I felt NASA or whoever runs the Space Center did such a good job that you deserve the same surprises I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment