Sunday, April 26, 2015

Day two of the cruise

On day two, we pulled into Key West to go snorkeling .  We met on the dock and wound up waiting a total of about an hour moving from spot to spot before we left on the catamaran.  I claimed a decent spot but gave it up to Cathy and Kim who sat in the shade.  Rachel got half sun and I was in full sun.  It was a warm but really nice day so it was not that big of a deal.

We saw a monthly sailing race as we went toward the site.  When we got there, I am not sure I will ever need to go snorkeling again.  There were tons of fish and a shark even swam by, very cool.  The water was a little choppy but we had a great time.  Kim got in for a minute but decided it was too choppy and Cathy stayed on board and enjoyed the day.  Rachel and I took and underwater selfie which was neat as well.

On our way back they gave us plenty of margaritas and cheap beer.  After the trip we docked and while Rachel and I walked into the town while Kim and Cathy headed back to the boat to catch some AC.  Rachel and I bought some souvenirs with cash but that was cut short when my bank refused my card because I had forgotten to tell them we were going on a trip.  I would have expected them to figure it out because I bought cruise tickets and gas all the way to Tampa but we really did not loose out on anything huge so it was no big deal.

Dinner was OK again.  The food was good but not 4-star IMO on any of the nights.



No comments:

Post a Comment