Thursday, September 12, 2013

LL Bean Flagship Store, Freeport Maine

I realized I forgot three things last night, a small portable speaker, my watch and most importantly my buff.  I really like to wear a buff when sleeping and it is cold out so we stopped by the LL Bean flagship store to check it out and get a new buff.  The store looked like LL Bean only larger.  It was not as kicthie or fun as a big Cabella’s or Bass Pro Shops but had a more mature, perhaps sophisticated, feel.  It was actually spread over 3 different buildings and was fun to walk through.  Rachel and I did not communicate well because when I came out of the bathroom (my first order of business), I did not realized that she had followed me and when I came out, I looked for her and not finding her, I figured she wondered off shopping and thinking I would call her when I was done.  I found my buff and on the long way back through the store when I was half looking for her, I found her in some chairs and she gave me a toung lashing.  She had been sitting there the whole time and was mad at me that I left her sitting there worried about why I was in the bathroom for so long.  I told her that she should go look around and that I wanted to make one more pit-stop and when I came back out, she was gone.  I wondered around the whole store again and she came back in the store shrugging her shoulders like she had been waiting outside.  In the end, we were there about an hour and she only looked at about 1/3rd of the store but we need to get going so we left.
As we travel today, the weather started out really gloomy and foggy but as we neared the Canadian boarder the clouds gave way to sun and helped my energy level.  We stopped at an overlook for Mt. Katahdin and Rachel took a few pics.







No comments:

Post a Comment