Friday, September 13, 2013

White Point, Cape Breton National Park, NS

In the end, I am glad that I had to be the chauffeur because I don’t think I will see anything like that ever again.  The landscape was pretty and combined with the sunrise, it was unforgettable.  I explored the small cemetery on a small jut of land and edge of the cliffs while Rachel and the group took pics and wound up being an accidental group model.  My intent was to explore but maintain an eye on the group so I would notice if they were packing up and wondered to this one point where Rachel later said everyone went crazy because I was in the perfect spot to lend scope to the images and was wearing red making me easy to spot.  I wondered if they were taking pics using me for scale because they had just covered that topic and had all changed their position to line up on the one side of the cliff facing me so I stuck around longer than I would have otherwise.  Rachel thought I was posing but I honestly did not think shifting my weight would be noticeable from that distance, all I could see of them was tripods and people that looked like sticks but could not tell body position.
The next place he took us to was Sunrise Valley and we looked straight down the valley over farm land and onto the Atlantic.  It was also beautiful and I would really have enjoyed seeing the pics that guide said he had mounted where he captured it in the three main seasons.  Rachel did not get any good pics of it but it was beautiful.


















No comments:

Post a Comment