Saturday, September 21, 2013

Seafood dinner at Ponderosa Pines Campground; Hopewell Cape, NB

Tuesday, September 17, 2013
After the rocks we found our campground to make our big seafood dinner.  As I was starting to cook I noticed the mosquitoes were really annoying.  By the time we sat down to eat, the mosquitoes were so bad that we had to pick up out nice dinner of wine, muscles, lobster, green beans and toast and move the entire thing onto the picnic table in the camp ground laundry room to seek shelter.  While we ate a very nice couple was doing their laundry and we exchanged a few stories and then I asked about RVing.  I hit the jackpot.  Some people I have tried to strike up conversations with, usually the man, prior to this had treated me with either suspicion or annoyance.  I am not clear why or if I violated some secret code of RVing but this fellow was more than happy to talk about it with me and even offered to show me around his.  He has what is called a class B which basically one of those 15 passenger van converted to have a cooking area, dining area, bathroom/shower, bed and a TV with surround.  It was really nice and Rachel and I were a bit envious.  If you are wondering, a class A is one of those commercial  bus size vehicles that you will sometimes see towing a smaller vehicle.

Our tent site at the campground.

Is that chef Matt making his wonderful wife a gourmet seafood dinner?


Mmm, blue mussels a specialty of PEI.




No comments:

Post a Comment