Saturday, September 21, 2013

Reversible Rapids; Saint John, NB

Wednesday, September 18, 2013
Meah, if I could rename this I would rename it the stopping rapids.  At low tide there are some interesting rapids and impressive whirlpools and because we were still on the Fundy Bay, the tide rises and the river reverses.  This makes the rapids reverse but I don’t think you could even call the high tide rapids class 1, it was more like a riffle.  It was interesting to watch the seals play and eat in the rapids but I would not go out of my way to see this again.  I did not realize it until the next day but we accidentally passed the low tide caves I wanted to check out.  Were I to do this section again, I would skip this and would have wanted to check out the caves.

We spent the night in Saint John, NB at Rockwood Park Campground.




No comments:

Post a Comment